Eligibility for Flagship Programme
Applicants must have:
- Degree in law and qualified practising lawyer in any African jurisdiction;
- Permanent residence of an African country;
- Currently working in an African jurisdiction (in-house, private practice, government). Exceptions made for approved sabbaticals i.e studying abroad ect);
- Minimum of 5 years qualified experience ;
- Excellent academics ( minimum of a 2.1 or equivalent according to British undergraduate degree classification system ) from a university with a reputable law faculty;
- Professional legal experience at the national level, with emphasis in public international law, corporate, commercial, banking and finance law;
- Committed to developing legal skills in dispute resolution, international arbitration, litigation, intellectual property, project finance, extractive industries (oil & gas, mining), construction, public international law, banking and finance;
- Must be fluent in English. French, Portuguese, Arabic desired for certain placements;
- Must at least be 18 years old and not exceed the age of 35 by the start of the programme.
Secondees will be placed with one of ILFA’s firms and corporations . As such, their legal expertise should match those of the host firm's areas of practice e.g. corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution (arbitration, litigation and ADR), public international law, banking and finance ect.